Search engine optimization (SEO) is the practice of increasing your website in search engine research pages. It helps in attaining higher rankings in search pages. Indirectly it helps to increases the traffic to a website. Traffic in a website helps to generate more leads and more leads can be converted to customers.
There are mainly two types of SEO. They are On-page SEO and Off-page SEO.
On-page SEO- It means improving once own website by bringing in more rich contents to website , building more attractive title tags, loading speed, mobile friendliness and internal linking.
Off-page SEO- It includes related activity other than working on once own website. It includes bringing website on the top searches of the search engine pages and it also includes other function such as increasing the authority of your domain. It manly focuses on increasing the visibility.
There are various advantages for SEO. SEO is a gradual process and not a instant process. If you are looking for a sudden improvement then PPC is a good option. PPC require a huge investment comparing to SEO techniques.
Advantages of using SEO
1) Makes website more genuine– By working on the on page attributes, it brings better authenticity to the website.
2) Increases the visibility of site – It helps to improve the ranking in search engine. This will result in improving the visibility of the website.
3) Increasing efficiency– It will help your business to work more efficiently. It will also increase long term achievement.
4) Getting more leads– Improved networking increases the business.
5) Reducing errors– It reduces server errors for example 400, 401, 403, 404, 500.
6) Brings brand awareness– It helps to build brand.
7) Better ROI– Better return on investment is guaranteed.
8) Helps you to gain attention in crowd – It help you to attract more audience